What Is SEO?
What is SEO Exactly?
Search engine optimisation is the process of ranking a website higher in a given search engine. It is a way of increasing a websites visibility in search engine such as Google, Yahoo and Bing.
Google states that they rank relevant content higher for any particular search term and they rely on over 200 unique signals to determine whether a website should be ranked highly or not.
What is Onsite SEO?
Onsite SEO is making additions to your website to appear more relevant to the search engines for the particular keywords that you desire to rank for.
There are many factors which determine onsite SEO and here is just a few of the very basics;
- Meta title & description
- Heading tags (h1,h2,h3 etc)
- 100% unique content that is not copied from anywhere around the internet
- Relevant images with keywords in image title and alt.
- Relevant Video’s with tags congaing keywords
- Lsi keywords in content
- Safe keyword ratio
- Site interlinking structure
- Social media integration (social share buttons etc)
It is very wise to bear in mind that there are best practices that should be maintained whilst doing SEO for example having a good keyword ratio onsite – as too many keywords would be classed as keyword stuffing and could have a negative effect on your sites rankings.
What is Offsite SEO?
Offsite SEO is the main process in which will determine your rankings. It is basically “link building”. To build a link your websites URL must be placed on another website on the internet. This is called a backlink. There are 100′s of different types of backlinks from 100′s of different platforms across the net. The more your website URL appears across the internet the higher your site will appear on the search engines. This of course also depends if the method in which backlinks are placed falls inline with Google’s 200 unique signals and algorithm updates.
A solid offsite SEO strategy takes much knowledge and skill, to be left in the wrong hands could be dangerous for any business as any wrong move’s could have a negative affect on the website (sometime permanently).
An offsite SEO strategy should also contain some of the following best practices:
- Diverse backlink profile (different backlink types)
- Unique content around backlinks (not using low quality content generation techniques)
- Diverse anchor text profile (the word that appears as your link text)
- A mixture of PR
- A mixture of no follow and do follow
- Social signals included (social media shares)
At 818 Marketing we always stay inline with Google algorithm changes and ensure that all our clients SEO work is performed with quality best practices and Googles 200 unique signals in mind.
If you would like SEO experts to rank your site higher in the search engine then contact us now!